Thanks to Chrissy's reminder, here are 100 things about me and some about my family:
(I know you all were wondering!)
1. My name is Courtney Ann
2. It was supposed to be Dorothy Ann, but my parents changed their minds at the last minute.
3. I love The Wizard of Oz. It's probably my favorite movie.
4. I have a large collection of Oz ornaments.
5. When I was a kid I went through a phase where I would only answer to Dorothy, so they say. I have no recollection of this.
6. One of my grandmothers is named Dorothy. Also a great-aunt.
7. Dorothy is my confirmation name.
8. I was received into the Church April 10, 2004 at the Easter Vigil at St. Joseph University Church, Buffalo, NY.
9. I have a Masters degree in Library and Information Studies with a concentration in school media.
10. I have a New York State Public School Teacher Certificate.
11. My B.A. is in dance.
12. My mother-in-law was also a dance major.
13. She and I received our degrees from the same college and had some of the same professors.
14. I spent my first year at college at Simon's Rock College of Bard.
15. I was 16 when I started.
16. Kat was my R.A.
17. Three cats and a dog lived in the dorm. Two of the cats routinely found their way into my room.
18. During that year at SRC, I had two roommates. Both were from Florida.
19. I've never been to Florida.
20. I have been to California more times than I can count.
21. My dad was born in Van Nuys, CA and grew up in the Bay Area.
22. Most of my extended family still lives there.
23. My mother was born in Iowa, but spent most of here childhood in CNY.
24. I've been to Iowa once.
25. Most of my mother's family is deceased.
26. Her sister Jane lives in Virginia.
27. I am of Scottish/Czech descent.
28. My husband is 100% Italian.
29. I have blond/red hair and blue eyes.
30. I sunburn very easily.
31. As a kid, my sister and I were never allowed to go outside during "the worst part of the day." According to my mother, that was between 10 AM- 4 PM.
32. I have one younger sister.
33. Her name is Whitney Paige.
34. That's right...Courtney and Whitney.
35. We give my parents a lot of grief for that.
36. My mom calls my CAM though my initials are now CAG.
37. Almost everyone calls me Court.
38. Except don't do it if you don't know me well.
39. One of my childhood friends came up with some play on our names: "Court goes to court. Whitney's the witness." It was expanded to include friends: "Jamie's the judge, etc."
40. My first cat was named B.J. for Baby Joe.
41. Eventually it was changed to Big Joe.
42. He was hit by a car.
43. This is a common fate for cats around our home. Country roads, fast drivers.
44. My mom told me this morning that Dasher hasn't been around for a few days. He's 13. :-(
45. I've also had cats named Dancer, Prancer, Angel, Samantha, Mew, and Pawsie.
46. Also Carrots, Celine, and Mr. Holland. They were stray kittens we found on the road at Thanksgiving.
48. Currently, I have Zuzu and Nunzio.
49. Zuzu was a Christmas gift from Whitney after Mew and Dancer died.
50. Along with Zuzu, we adopted Scooter, who lives with my parents and Whit.
51. Zuzu, Scooter, and Nunzio are indoor cats.
52. Took a while, but we finally learned.
53. My husband and I met in 1994 in sixth grade.
54. Eventually, his mom became our piano teacher.
55. Yes, I had a crush on him then.
56. He liked my best friend.
57. She's still my best friend (outside my family).
58. We started dating after my family's combined HS graduation (Whit)/grad school graduation (Me)/retirement (Mom) party in August 2004.
59. We got engaged December 24, 2004.
60. We originally planned to be married July 23, 2005.
61. We closed on this house May 24, 2005 and decided to move up the wedding.
62. We were married June 4, 2005.
63. There were 15 people at the ceremony, including us and the priest.
64. We still had our big reception July 23.
65. I got to wear my wedding dress twice!
66. Our June 4 wedding was a secret to everyone outside the family.
67. We went to California to visit my family for a honeymoon after the July reception.
68. I call it more "familymoon" than "honeymoon."
69. We had a blast, though!
70. For a year and a half, I was the librarian at our former elementary school.
71. I took my mom's job when she retired.
72. We found out we were expecting at the end of October 2005. It was the same weekend we attended a dear friend's funeral.
73. The baby's due date was June 29.
74. My water broke around 7:10 PM on June 28.
75. He was born at 4:55 AM June 29, weighing 8 lbs. 9.5 oz. and was 20.5 in. long.
76. The baby is named after one of the Archangels and has his father's first name as a middle name.
77. We are an "attached" family.
78. The baby is 100% breastfed, despite the hospital's best efforts to persuade me to use formula.
79. He will probably be over six feet tall, like his dad.
80. I am 5'3".
81. We are planning on homeschooling him.
82. My sister and I were homeschooled for awhile.
83. My secret wish is that he'll be a priest.
84. Before I started dance, I was a gymnast. Too many injuries, though.
85. An injury also ended my dance career.
86. I'm right handed, but bat lefty since my dad believes it's superior to batting right.
87. I've only every been to one Major League game. Blue Jays vs. Giants in Toronto.
88. I'm a die-hard San Francisco Giants fan.
89. I HATE the Yankees.
90. Ditto for the Braves.
91. Other than baseball, my hobbies are reading, blogging, and watching old movies.
92. I am a gym rat. I literally cannot function without working out to a very specified routine.
93. I may be a tad obsessive-compulsive!
94. I am definitely a perfectionist.
95. I love black and white photography.
96. I just know that I'm going to have all boys.
97. I own about 2,000 books.
98. I hate clutter.
99. I can sometimes be inconsistent, though I usually don't realize it until afterward. (See above.)
100. I sometimes (okay often) watch too much TV.