Thursday, March 29, 2007

Getting Settled

We spent last night in our new house, so I guess that makes it official! Most of our things are moved, though there are still some book boxes at our uncle's.

Obviously our Internet connection is hooked up, so who needs plates and flatware?

We already have quite a list of what we need/want to do in the house. Looks like we're starting with storm windows and flooring. The upstairs carpet is more worn than we thought, and since I despise carpet, any excuse to get that hardwood down!

The best news is that the window sills are wide enough for the cats to sit. In our old house we installed "window seats" for them, and I'm glad we won't have to do that here.

When I went to bed last night, there was a very bright, twinkling star that I could see perfectly while lying down. When I woke up this morning, all I could see were trees. Ah, back to country living. Is there anything better?

2 comments:

  1. Yay!

    I've been thinking about you a lot and hoping that things went smoothly with your move! I owe you an e-mail and will get it out asap! We've been hopping over here!

    Can't wait to see new pictures!

    Love,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney - how wonderful! I do hope you'll post some pics of the interior, maybe some before and afters? The outside looked incredible so I can't wait to get the tour ;0)

    ReplyDelete