Saturday, March 10, 2007

Fashion Meme

Thanks for Emma for this!

A: What accessories do you wear everyday? I always wear my wedding ring. It’s white gold with 12 or 18 tiny diamonds in it. If I go out, I put on my crucifix, earrings, and watch (although my watch has lately vanished).

B: What is your beauty routine? I brush my teeth and pull my hair into a ponytail as soon as I wake up. Later I shower and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I fix my hair pretty simply, and almost always off my face (unless going out) because the baby likes to pull it. I'm a compulsive teeth-brusher as well.

C: What was the last item of clothing (for yourself) that you purchased? I’m having a hard time remembering. I bought a very pretty pink flannel shirt at Northern Reflections around the holidays and some knee socks at The Gap. No! It was two skirts for around the house ($4.50 total) at the Salvation Army. It was a few months ago, though.

D: Do you use a dresser, closet, or both? Both. Until a year ago, I had TWO dressers. I’ve pared down to one now, but I use the closet in the office and about 1/3 of my husband’s closet. I’m a bit of a clothes horse.

E: What type of earrings are in your ears right now? Nothing now, but most often I wear the pearls a family friend gave me for my 21st birthday. A lady must have pearls!

F: What type of figure do you have? I’m very average (short) in height (5’3”), and have a thin figure with a slight hourglass. I’m underweight right now. I’m having a hard time keeping weight on while nursing.

G: Do you wear glasses? Yup, since second grade. I more often wear my contacts, but this week they’re bothering me so it’s been glasses all the way. I have a pair that have snap-on sunglasses since my pale eyes are so sensitive to light.

H: What type of handbag do you carry? I have a Java Blue Vera Bradley wristlet and diaper bag (thanks, Andrea!).

I: What is your ideal style? I have to go with Emma here: I love the look of the thirties, forties, and fifties. If I was daring, I would wear clothing styled from that time period. I love really full skirts, though I’m not always brave enough to wear them away from home.

J: What jewelry are you wearing right now? Just my wedding ring.

K: Do you wear knee-hi stockings? Thigh-highs with lace tops to Mass, otherwise fun knee socks or leggings in the winter. From May-October, I have a strict NO SOCKS rule.

L: Do you *have* to wear matching lingerie? Hah! I never have.

M: Do you wear makeup? Only a little powder and maybe concealer if I have a blemish. I have a pretty nice complexion (peaches and cream, I'm told). Or that's what I tell myself since I don't like to fuss with it.

N: Do you wear nightgowns? I would love to, but I haven’t found good ones for nursing. I wear mostly flannel PJs in the winter and a mish-mosh of PJ bottoms and tee shirts in the summer.

O: What outerwear do you put on when going out on a typical winters day? Always a scarf (I hate a cold neck), my wool coat, and hand-made mittens. I always buy a new pair of mittens at holiday craft fairs, and I think they’re way warmer than gloves. Boots if it's especially snowy or slushy.

P: What is your favorite perfume? I wear Evening in Paris. My mom gave it to me for Christmas. It was popular in the fifties and marketed in various ways for ladies at all income levels. It’s what my grandma wore. It disappeared for a while, but now the Vermont Country Store carries it. I never knew my maternal grandmother (she died at 51), so this is a way for me to feel close to her.

Q: Is your motto "quality over quantity" when it comes to clothing and accessories? In theory, but I love quality AND quantity. I love the creative challenge of putting unique outfits together.

R: Do you wear rain boots? Nope.

S: Do you wear socks or slippers when your feet get cold? Both, unless it’s past May 1 and before October 1, then I happily freeze to death.

T: Do you have a set of travel luggage? Not really. I do have a neat vintage American Tourister cosmetic suitcase. I always admired my mom’s and she tracked one done for me on EBay. My mom is awesome!

U: What is your daily uniform? During the winter, a long skirt with a turtleneck and sweater. In warmer months, skirts of varying lengths with t-shirts, short sleeve button-down shirts or polo shirts.

V: If you are married, did you wear a veil with your wedding dress? If not, how did you do your hair? I wore my hair half-up with the veil attached over the barrette. You can see it here.

W: Do you wear a watch? I did until I lost it! Grumble, grumble.

X: What item of clothing always makes you feel eXtremely beautiful? I don’t know if it’s one particular item, but when a whole outfit and my hair come together and my coloring is just right. A little pink in my cheeks (which comes out when I’m anxious or excited), and I’m a knockout. Also, eXtremely humble. :-p

Y: What is your favorite type of yarn? Anything warm, but not too scratchy.

Z: Do you prefer zippers or buttons? I like buttons best but the baby loves to play with zippers on my clothes. Also, zippers are easier when you’re nursing so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment