Friday, August 4, 2006

Catching Up Again

I've vowed to update this blog more frequently (I know...I've said that before), but this time I'm determined. Strange since I find myself with even less time for writing than before, but I'm going to give it a shot.

The past week I've been getting back into my household routines. The baby is learning to sit on his own a little more which allows me to get things done. As I'm writing this, he's "airing out" on a blanket next to me on the bed clad only in a yellow FuzziBunz, socks, and mitties since he has rediscovered scratching his face. Not only is he not fussing (a huge accomplishment in itself), but he put himself to sleep. Usually I have to nurse and hold him for that to happen, and he never takes a morning nap! It's typically noon or well after before he thinks about drifting off. I should be scrubbing the shower, vacuuming, or taking a shower, but I don't want to move him!

Yesterday I deep cleaned the bathroom (except the shower-- today's task, I hope along with scrubbing out trashcans), made dinner (with baby in his carrier), and gave some thought to purchasing some houseplants and decorating the blank wall in the living room. In regard to the plants, I had some ideas, but it turns out most are poisonous to cats! I'm having to do some research/rethinking about what I want to add and where so it's out of easy-chewing reach. The wall is much easier. I've decided to do a family picture wall with WallWords in the middle. The fun part is deciding which family/home quote I want, and which pictures to add. Wal-Mart Photo Center is going to get quite the order from me! I also need to print pictures to send to my grandma, gifts for Godparents, and for my albums! I'm so excited that (in theory) I have the time to spend making our home that much more welcoming, not only for guests but for us!

The only obstacle to all this is, of course, Baby (welcome obstacle!) who generally needs to be held constantly, often pinning me in place. Up until this very moment (and this bliss may end any second!), I think I've had to hold him 22.5 hours a day and he's almost a constant nurser some days. I don't mind at all, this time will pass so quickly, but it does make me feel useless as far as running the house sometimes!

Much more to say, but for now I think I'll take this opportunity to read some Jane Eyre for the Eyre-Along! Housework will have to wait for a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad you posted! :-) That made my day. What kind of carrier do you have for him? A lot of my friends do some housework with their babies in slings.

    ReplyDelete