Cinderella’s Pumpkin Tartlets (from Fairy Tale Feasts)
2 cups pumpkin
½ cup evaporated milk
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. ginger
¼ tsp. ground cloves
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ cup ground walnuts
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. cold butter
4 pie crusts
1. Preheat the oven to 425.
2. Mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. Grind walnuts in a food processor. Add the brown sugar and butter cut into small pieces. Grind until crumbly.
4. If your muffin pan is not non-stick, butter the insides or spray with cooking spray.
5. Lay out the pie crusts and cut them into rounds.
6. Gently press the rounds into the muffin tin.
7. Put 1 tablespoon of filling in each shell.
8. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the topping.
9. Bake for 10 minutes.
10. With the tartlets still in the oven, lower the temperature to 350 and cooking for 12-15 minutes more, until a toothpick comes out clean.
11. Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the tin.
Snow White’s Applesauce
4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a saucepan, combine apples, water, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.