Friday, March 6, 2009

Wood Easter Eggs

I came across an idea for an alternative to the "traditional" plastic Easter egg hunt this that I thought was so simple, yet brilliant!

Wood eggs that the children can paint after the hunt! This will avoid both the plastic and the candy of the holiday-- not to mention creating a lovely keepsake!

We are definitely going to be doing this in our house, and I'm going to try to pitch the idea to my MOMS Club as well. At least we can mix the wood with the plastic, candy-filled eggs so each child can paint one or two. Since I'm hosting the Easter party/hunt/craft this year, I think it'll work!

Wood eggs of all different sizes, can be found here.



2 comments:

  1. Courtney, thank you so much for posting this! I have been looking for an alternative to plastic eggs. These would be great not only for egg hunts, but also for decorative crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've never even had candy-filled eggs at Easter--it has always been hard-boiled. So the children should survive. This wooden egg idea sounds lovely!!

    ReplyDelete