Monday, June 25, 2007

The Garden of Weedin'

I was planting impatiens amid the hostas in the garden along the front porch this morning, when I unearthed a statue of Saint Joseph buried upside down! I brought the patient saint inside, washed him off, and now he is perched on my desk.

I'm debating whether I should send him to the previous owners of the house since once the house sells you're supposed to dig up St. Joe and bring him along to your new home. Of course, there were still about six feet of snow on the ground when they moved out so I guess I can understand the oversight!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Courtney! I blogged rolled ya. :) Feel free to blog roll me as well. I am happy you found my blog again. Thanks for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat. What a happy suprise to find in your garden. :) I always thought that you were supposed to bury him upside down, but on The Drew Mariani Show on Relevant Radio, they had a guest on who said that you didn't have to put him upside down. So now I am confused. I'll probably just go with tradition if we ever have to sell.

    I love your headline. You made me giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat story!

    Our impatiens have been struggling this year because we've been a bit of a drought.

    Thanks for posting your link in CAF!

    ReplyDelete