Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Living Room

I thought I should continue my house tour and show you the living room. It's still mostly empty since we are stripping the wallpaper and painting. 9 times out of 10, wallpaper ranks right up there with carpet on the list of Things I Do Not Like. Wait until you see the wallpaper in the dining room/school room, though. TO DIE FOR!

Anyway, here is the living room:




Once we've painted it, this room will also house our library. I didn't want to unpack and reorganize all my books just to repack and move them in a week, though.

LOVE the wood floor in here! I've always dreamed about living in a house with wide, plank floors. Sigh...


The centerpiece of the room: one of DH's organs. This is the one that is in the best working order. He has another electric that needs a new synthesizer before he brings it up here. That one's better because its stops are more like a pipe organ. His pipe organ is in his parents' barn and will live there unless we ever build an addition especially for it.

6 comments:

  1. Nice to "meet" you! I love, love, love your house, and that bread for Easter was too cool! AND, that poem made me weepy, if you don't mind I may use it for something one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Easter bread!!! Too cool! :) Nice house tour. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. May I add you to my blog links? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wide plank floors and the organ! I also took a peak at your Easter Bread post. It looks like it turned out wonderfully. I'd love to try that myself sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny! We have LOTS of her books. My DH grew up with having her books read to him and wanted to be sure that Sophie had them as well.

    We will be checking them out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your floors are gorgeous! We hope to do away with our carpet here, a little at a time...carpet and sand? Not so good ;0)

    ReplyDelete