Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm slowly checking things off my Christmas readiness to-do list, which is why I haven't been around much lately! The list is about as long as my arm, but slow and steady wins the race, I guess. Actually, I think I'm in denial about how close Christmas actually is. I've felt like that all season long. Not sure why.

Progress report:

  • The tree is thankfully done! I have pictures, just no time to upload and post yet.
  • The housework is pretty well in hand; let's just hope we can keep things clean and neat until Monday. HAH!
  • Most of my Christmas cards are mailed. I have I think two or three left to write and about 1/2 dozen to mail. They will go out tomorrow. The packages are long gone, though.
  • Three batches of cookies down, one mixed, and one still a dream. This needs to be done by Thursday so I can take a few plates into school on Thursday. Guess I should get busy!
  • I think I'm supposed to make eggnog bread for Christmas at my parents' on Saturday. Not sure. It's either that or triple chocolate bread. Must check on that.
  • Wrapping for DH and Baby. Again, HAH!
  • Cooking. My goal is to have 95% of Christmas dinner made ahead of time. I should start that on Thursday. We decided on a fish soup for Christmas Eve in keeping with Italian tradition, and a melting pot of food for the Twenty-Fifth. Some American (roast turkey), some Czech (potato dumplings and maybe Vanocka), some Italian (Antipasto), and something Scottish TBD.
  • That might be it. Don't have the list in front of me, but sounds about right.

I'm taking the baby to the Christmas story hour at the library tomorrow night. Santa is rumored to be making an appearance. Joy.

I'm tired and getting very cranky. Can you tell?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are under control. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney -

    Thanks for checking in. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete