Saturday, December 27, 2008

Second Day of Christmas

We ventured out into the crazed after-Christmas crowds today to pick up a few items at the mall, and to treat ourselves to our favorite ice cream from Coldstone Creamery.

I picked up a book a friend highly recommended (I love it, thanks!) and my husband needed new insoles for his shoes. While he was doing that, I popped into a toy store and thanks to a damaged box, was able to pick up this doll for a discount! I've been eyeing it for our son for close to a year, so I was thrilled! Never hurts to ask, and now this baby is a beloved member of our family! He's nameless so far (when asked what his name is, M. replies, "Doll!"), but is sporting "hand-me-downs" from both of our little ones. Sweet, no?



When we arrived home in a snowstorm, we decided it was the perfect afternoon for our annual Christmas movie. We do not allow our children to watch any television or movies except on Christmas when one is permitted. Last year we chose "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and this year, since How the Grinch Stole Christmas is a favorite read-aloud, and we were gifted a Grinch ornament for our tree, we had to choose this classic! M. was intrigued-- so much so that it reinforced my commitment to our TV-free lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment