Friday, May 6, 2011

Vermont Maple Wheat Bread

I had intended to move on to a new topic for the month of May, but I couldn’t resist sharing two more bread recipes first!

This Vermont Maple Wheat bread is a “quick bread” that is very easy to make and is the perfect complement to any meal. It comes from my mother via A Vermont Cook Book. This is a slight variation on the original, which calls for graham and bread flours.

Vermont Maple Wheat Bread

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups buttermilk (or make your own with lemon juice or vinegar)

2 tablespoons melted butter

2/3 cup maple syrup

2 teaspoons baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/3 cups wheat flour

1 1/3 cups white flour

Directions

Mix in the order given. Bake in a greased tin at 350 for 45-50 minutes.

That’s it! Easier than pie and almost too delicious to believe!

The other recipe I want to share is one of my very favorites. This bread is almost a cake, and we certainly eat it as a treat in our house! It comes from Tammy at Tammy’s Recipes: Triple Chocolate Quick Bread. Visit Tammy for pictures and directions. When I make this, I substitute whole wheat pastry flour for white, skip the glaze, and add peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment